Ambassador Feature: Running Inspiration


One of our beloved Wellness Ambassadors is taking motivating others in stride! 
Maryellen Copping of AHS Central / Fiscal Office in Waterbury (in the pumpkin shirt) has been using her running display to inspire conversations about running with her officemates. In October, she and coworker Masha (#366) ran the Leaf Peepers race together. GO MARYELLEN and thanks for sharing your display (and your running snacks) with us!!





Maryellen says: “When I became an Ambassador for Live Well Vermont, I decided I wanted to do something a little different.  I didn’t want to just print off all the information sent in the monthly emails and display it on the board.  I wanted people to see what they could do if they really wanted to.  I started off with a display on running shoes, and brought in some of my older ones since I had used several different brands.  Then I did one on hydration, with all the different options available to runners, and one on fueling during long runs.  This one was the most interesting as my display of different fuel samples, that were my personal supply, kept getting taken and eaten off my display.  Each of my displays brought questions and more awareness about the different options available.  My current display has inspirational running quotes and racing schedules.  These have been highly received by our office and people passing through.  I enjoy sharing my knowledge of running.  I am certainly not the fastest runner but I have learned so much on my journey that I love to share my stories so maybe someone else doesn’t have to struggle quite as much as I did.”  



To be featured on our blog, send your submissions to dhr.livewellvermont@vermont.gov. 

To learn more about becoming a LiveWell Wellness Ambassador, visit our website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Health Smart Online & On Your Phone?

Developing a Workout Routine

Tips from Mental Health America: Look Around, Look Within: Your surroundings say a lot about your mental health

How to Build a Low Cost Home Gym

Are you Balanced??

Welcoa Well Balanced: How to Protect and Maintain Eye Health

April is National Stress Awareness Month