Soup Sunday helps fight the Sunday Scaries


It's the most wonderful time of the year! It's finally here! 

It is Soup Season.



I was in an exercise class around this time last year, and the instructor mentioned her Sunday Soup ritual. I decided to try it out myself, and that is how I found my favorite wintertime self-care routine!

Each Sunday afternoon or evening, simmer a pot of homemade soup, stew, or chili on the stove. 

This habit has double benefits:

  1. Tending to a bubbling pot is a mindfulness practice that helps ward off the Sunday Scaries
  2. You end up with more than a few delicious, healthy, zero-effort meals on hand!

Once my soup has finished and I've had dinner, I like to cool the soup to room temperature the same night, and then portion it into individual servings. Some I freeze for later, and a few I keep in the fridge for lunches or quick dinners that week. 

Here are a few favorites to get you started: 

Best Lentil Soup from Cookie and Kate

Slow Cooker Hearty Chicken Soup from Halfbaked Harvest

Black Bean Soup from Martha Stewart (my mom is OBSESSED with this one!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Health Smart Online & On Your Phone?

Developing a Workout Routine

Tips from Mental Health America: Look Around, Look Within: Your surroundings say a lot about your mental health

How to Build a Low Cost Home Gym

Join Us for the Corporate Cup 5K!

Welcoa Well Balanced: How to Protect and Maintain Eye Health

Are you Balanced??